Saturday, September 13, 2008

Our Goal: Go on a Date Once a Week... (yeah right!)

I don't know how long it had been; maybe since last spring? I was thinking, "Well, our girls started going to bed early, so we do have time together at night, to play sudoku or crossword puzzle together. Is this our date night?" You can tell that I didn't have a testimony of going out on a date. Jacob said, "I got a gift card to Applebee's, so let's go, just me and you!"
Also, we got babysitters every Friday night from now on, except their school events. My Japanese students, who are a brother and a sister, said they would love to watch our girls after our class (what a wonderful response that was!), so it will be at our house and our girls can go to bed on time. Jacob was so happy.
At Applebee's, I had a California shrimp salad and French onion soup. Jacob had fish and chips. (did Jacob try to save our date fund?) I can't say that I was totally out of mother's thinking (I forbade Jacob to call me Mama), but it was good to see Jacob's relaxed smile :)
Emma saw this picture and said, "Poor Emma. I wanted to go too.... :(" Well, you had fun at Sister Nelson's :)

No comments: