After our family home evening, we curved pumpkins. Emma wanted a smiley one.

Guess what? I'm not very artistic... Emma said she was scared. I guess it turned out rather creepy. I didn't want her to have a nightmare, so...

I re-drew a different one on the back while
Linlin observed us quietly.

How is this? I didn't think this could scare devils away, but at least Emma liked it.

Couldn't do the little circles with a curving knife. Told ya I wasn't that artistic... but notice a stylish opening cut on the top. It is dynamic ;p

"Is this Emma~?" She is giving hugs.

"Okay, take the inside out!" Emma didn't like the gooey feeling of the stringy core...
at all. "Daddy, do I have to do this?" She went to wash her hands very quickly. An ice-cream scoop with a flat edge cleaned the inside instantly, like a miracle.

On the other hand,
Linlin enjoyed turning and squishing it. She is pretending to be cooking :)

This is my pumpkin. Very artistic and creepy, huh? Edward Munch's Scream ;)

In the half dark. The middle is Daddy's.

On the porch, with a camera flash.

In the complete dark. I suggested walking around the house with one of the pumpkins, saying that "Remember? Our Heavenly Father is like the candle, He is the source; Jesus is the Light; and the Holy Ghost is the air or oxygen, we can't see him, but he is there to help Jesus!" But it was chilly and pitch dark, so our girls were mostly scared. We held our girls and walked around my van instead. It was a very satisfying family activity for Halloween.

After we put our girls in bed, we cooked and roasted the pumpkin seeds. We roasted them for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Ya, they were a bit burned inside. The whole thing was crunchy, so we ate the shells and all. It didn't taste all that good, so I stopped eating them quickly, but I still suffered severe indigestion for 2 days, and eventually dehydration with nausea, dizziness and shortness of breath. I ended up calling Jacob at work crying on Wednesday. He came home early and took me to the doctor. Yeah, it was fun :(

The most useful thing I learned was that this recipe really works for indigestion: Easy to make too!
1 cup of water
1 tsp of lemon juice
1/2 tsp of baking soda.
It dissolved the gravel feeling in my stomach immediately! Peppermint tea, Chamomile tea, and pineapple work well too, if they were consumed right after the meal :)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry you got sick! I'm not a fan of pumpkin seeds, anyway. Your pumpkins look great! I'll tell Jon to look for them when he's driving home from work at night.
パンプキンの種食べて大変だったねー大丈夫?アレルギーだったとか?旦那さんもビックリしたでしょー。。
にしてもパンプキンの作る行程可愛いすぎるわ~!!エマちゃんのは優しい顔したパンプキンだね^^ じゅんちゃんも上手ー 見てすぐ分かったよ、楽しそうで羨ましいわーー!
Looks like a fun time carving pumpkins!! sorry you got sick though- that ruins everything. Gald you are feeling better now.
Post a Comment