Thursday, August 28, 2008

Emma Finally Pedalled Her Tricycle! やっとエマが三輪車をこげるようになりました

I am so in love with the above video! It was very exciting to witness my daughter taking another new step. I've also read that crawling and tricycle were critical steps in reading. I guess these activities help a child internally understand left and right. If he/she couldn't pedal a tricycle by 4, it may be a problem that he/she may have difficulty differentiating b, d, p and q. As I watch this video, I imagine her pedalling working in her little brain, "left, right, left, right..." :D

わが子ながら、自分の娘が三輪車をこぐのを見るのがこんなに嬉しいものだとは思いませんでした :ー) 三輪車をレナちゃんからもらってから1年半になります。よく乗って遊んではいたのですが、今日やっと前に前にこげるようになったのです。三輪車は楽しいだけでなく、英語の文字を読むのに必要な左右の感覚を養うそうなのでこれからもたくさん乗って欲しいなーと思っています。

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow- I have never heard of tye correlation between riding a tricycle and reading! How interesting. I wonder how true that is. I don't think Marcus rode a trycicle until he was 3 - - and he started reading in Kindergarten (he was actually top of his class in reading- though that doesn't say too much because we were in Sunnyside). Who knows!

June said...

LOL! You're funny! But hey, top in Sunnyside still has a potential of being the top in Yakima or in the nation :)
My friend's daughter who didn't walk until late became an extensive reader in the family, and another daughter who walked early struggled with reading. Emma and Lydia were both early walkers... :(
Jacob says he was excellent at bike riding but struggled with reading. He says this is bunch of boloney :D I was an early walker and early biker and loved reading. We'll see what's true and what not, huh? :)